admin

Today, the ITF announced its verdict on Maria’s case. In March, Sharapova admitted on a press conference she had tested positive for Meldonium at the Australian Open. The hearing took place on May 18, and today it was announced Maria will receive a two-year ban, starting since January 2016.

Ckb_QpsUYAIUmhL

To read the full ITF document click HERE.

However, Maria Sharapova has released a statement in which she says she will appeal this decision immediately. 

admin

I made this post to write all the news  of Maria’s current situation. She has all my support and no matter what I will love her and support her. I’ll update this post as much as I can so you guys can see what’s going on in this case.

(more…)

On the highly anticipated press conference, Maria Sharapova announced she had failed a drug test at the Australian Open.

Maria Sharapova was informed by the International Tennis Federation that she had tested positive Meldonium, a drug that Maria had used since 2006 due some health problems and family history of diabetes. The substance was added to the World Anti-Doping Agency’s list of banned substances on Jan. 1, 2016. Maria had been legally taking the drug for ten years.

At this point, Maria doesn’t know yet what will be the penalty or how long she will be out of the tour.

On late December 2015, Maria Sharapova received an email that informed her of the new substances added to the list, but she consciously decided not to read it.

“I made a huge mistake,” Sharapova said. “I don’t want to end my career this way.”

Her parents were also presented at the press conference.

Maria also made a public apology to her fans.

As a fan of Maria for over ten years, I can safely say that this only makes me appreciate her courage even more after facing the press with this news. My support for her now will be stronger and I cannot wait to report the news that she will be back on court.

Maria Sharapova has called a press conference scheduled for Monday in which she will make a “major announcement” according to her management.

The press conference will be live on her website www.mariasharapova.com

DATE:  MONDAY, MARCH 7, 2016

TIME:  12:00 PM PST

Former World No.1 Maria Sharapova announced that she would be unable to participate in the upcoming BNP Paribas Open due to an ongoing left forearm injury that saw her miss the Middle East Swing.

“I am extremely disappointed that I am unable to compete in this year’s BNP Paribas Open,” she said. “I have been focused on healing my left forearm injury and tried to get my body to be 100% ready to play this event, as it is one of my favorites on the WTA and so close to my home in LA. I know the tournament will be a great success this year and I will be anxious to return next year and hopefully many years after.”

A two-time winner in Indian Wells (2006, 2013), Sharapova pulled out of the Brisbane International to start the season due to pain in her left forearm, and though she reached the quarterfinals of theAustralian Open, the Russian has not played a match since.

admin

Today Sugarpova announces a joint Business Venture with European Chocolatier Experts, Baron Chocolatier.

The partnership will produce a variety of Sugarpova Premium Chocolates, with an initial introduction of a decadent collection of 100g chocolate bars in Dark, Milk, Dark with Toasted Coconut and Milk with Strawberry. The unique product is Non-GMO, Certified Kosher, Halal and made with natural ingredients.

“I traveled extensively around the world, in search for the right chocolatier,” says Maria. “Baron is the perfect fit, given their deep-rooted history in creating premium chocolate products coupled with their significant strides in craftsmanship.”

The Sugarpova Premium Chocolate collection complements the existing line of Sugarpova gummy candies and gift items available allover the world and online at sugarpova.com. The joint venture with Baron will allow for Sugarpova to expand into a fast growing and exciting category with a premier and widely distributed chocolatier.

“At Sugarpova, we continue to elevate and evolve our business through innovative partnerships and trailblazing engagements,” says Max Eisenbud, CEO of Sugarpova. “Baron Chocolatier was the right fit for our category expansion due to their commitment to producing quality chocolate products that taste great, as well as their vast distribution network.”

“I wanted to create an ‘experience’ with this product — a moment of indulgence, where time can stop and one can enjoy life’s little pleasures such as a bite of sensually rich chocolate,” says Maria. “This product wraps up my all time favorites in life: food + a smile + a slight moment of indulgence.”

“With Sugarpova Chocolate, you can take a break from the hustle and bustle of life to catch your breath and give yourself a selfish moment to enjoy such a simple pleasure as a bite of delicious and tasty chocolate.”

Chris Mattina, Senior Vice President & General Manager European Chocolate Ltd – division of Millano Group, comments, “Our partnership with Maria and the Sugarpova team has given the consumer the opportunity to experience the intersection of Fashion and Food, without the guilt – GMO-Free, Natural Ingredients, zero trans fats, Kosher, Halal. Chocolate that tastes great and is a simple indulgent pleasure!”

Sugarpova Premium Chocolates will showcase at the upcoming ISM Exposition in Cologne, January 31 – February 3, 2016, with the theme of Moderation in Moderation, giving the consumer permission to indulge in a great quality chocolate product made by a world-class chocolatier. The product will launch in the United States in 2nd Quarter 2016, shipping in May.

Source: (mariasharapova.com)