I made this post to write all the news of Maria’s current situation. She has all my support and no matter what I will love her and support her. I’ll update this post as much as I can so you guys can see what’s going on in this case.
Monday, March 7 2016
- Maria Sharapova has announced in a press conference that she has failed the drug test at the Australian Open. Watch the press conference.
- Maria Sharapova was informed by the International Tennis Federation that she had tested positive Meldonium, a drug that Maria had used since 2006 due some health problems and family history of diabetes. The substance was added to the World Anti-Doping Agency’s list of banned substances on Jan. 1, 2016. Maria had been legally taking the drug for ten years.
- WTA CEO Steve Simon’s statement in response to Maria’s announcement:
- ITF Full Statement:
- Maria Sharapova’s lawyer talks about her condition:
- Nike decides to suspend relationship with Maria:
Tuesday, March 8 2016
- Tag Heuer decided not to renew their contract with Maria.
- Porsche decided to suspend all the activities with Maria.
- Avon has been reached but has no comments about the situation.
- The Russian Federation supports Maria Sharapova
- Maria’s first hearing will take place in London on March 23
- Russia’s Fed Cup captain, Anastasia Myskina shows her support to Maria.
- Maria’s former coach Nick Bollettieri talks about Maria and supports her.
- Evian releases its statement, for the looks of it seems like they will continue supporting Maria.